- Archroma brings innovative and sustainable touch to papermaking at China International Paper Technology Exhibition 2016
Archroma brings innovative and sustainable touch to papermaking at China International Paper Technology Exhibition 2016
• New food contact compliant dyes for packaging and tissue, and high performance oil and grease barriers for food packaging
• Innovative and effective pitch and deposit control to optimize production processes
• Visit Archroma at CIPTE 2016 Booth A812 from October 11-13, 2016 in Shanghai
Reinach, Switzerland – 11 October 2016 – Archroma, a global leader in color and specialty chemicals, is demonstrating its active support for greater sustainability in the products and manufacturing processes of the global paper industry at the China International Paper Technology Exhibition (CIPTE) 2016. The company is presenting its new food compliant colorant solutions at the show, further extending its innovation and sustainability-focused portfolio for paper, packaging and tissue applications.
True to its motto “We touch and color people’s lives, every day, everywhere”, Archroma offers papermakers the opportunity to choose innovative, sustainable solutions to enhance the optical and functional properties of paper, packaging and tissue for a wide range of applications. Archroma’s value-adding sustainability also extends to papermakers themselves through solutions for reducing machine downtime and enhancing productivity.
Visitors can experience the following innovations at Booth A812:
New Cartasol® food compliant colorant solutions: Archroma introduces China’s tissue papermakers to the latest additions to its palette of safer dye grades. Extending its extensive portfolio of food contact compliant dyes, the four new formulations meet current EU regulations, are REACH compliant and fulfill the requirements of most eco-labels. The dyes are produced with no added diethanolamine or triethanolmine and create strong, bold colors for a wide range of tissue applications including deep dyed napkins. The reformulation of the dyes also results in reduced effluent loading, meaning that customers can benefit from reduced effluent treatment costs and the advantage of an improved ecological profile.
Highly efficient grease and water resistant surface and coating additives: Archroma offers brand owners the opportunity to use healthier, eco-friendlier paper and board food packaging. Its latest grease, oil and water barrier innovations are based on new C6 chemistry with PFOA under detection limit. They are FDA and BfR approved.
• New Cartaguard® KMP liq is a highly efficient grease and oil barrier for the treatment of paper and board for food packaging. It has been optimized for application in the wet-end section of the paper machine and for the manufacture of molded pulp packaging.
• Cartaguard KST liq provides a strong and lasting barrier to grease and water to packaging materials made of virgin or recycled fibers. Its performance and environmental profile make it particularly suitable for fast food boxes and wrappers, pet food packaging, soup cube boxes, butter wrap, oil bottle labels, and for molded pulp plates.
Stickies and natural pitch deposit control additives for a faster production process: Archroma’s deposit control range supports producers in speeding-up the pulp and papermaking process by preventing deposition of stickies and natural pitch in all hardness environments. Stickie contamination of machinery is minimized, practically eliminating downtime for cleaning.
• Cartaspers® PSM liq for wire and felt conditioning is proven to reduce the usage of cleaning solvents by up to 90%. It can be used in pulping and fiber preparation, wet-end applications and for surface treatment. It is FDA compliant, BfR compliant and fulfills Nordic Swan and EU Ecolabel criteria.
• Cartaspers PLH liq is a new addition to the range, suitable as a pulping or wet-end additive. It is easy to apply and very efficient at low dose in preventing deposition without releasing old contamination.
“At Archroma, we continuously challenge the status quo by opening doors in the deep belief that we can make our industry sustainable. Our focus on innovations that also support greater sustainability is making it easier than ever for papermakers in China and the rest of the world to develop both creative solutions and lessen the environmental and health impact of their products and production processes. By striking a balance between ecological and economic needs, we can make our industry sustainable,” comments Guoping Gong, Commercial Marketing Manager, Paper Solutions, Asia, at Archroma.
Meet Archroma’s Paper Solutions Business at the China International Paper Technology Exhibition and Conference, Booth A812, from October 11-13, 2016 at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center.
Click here to visit the official website of China International paper Technology Exhibition (CIPTE) 2016.
Archroma brings innovative and sustainable touch to papermaking at China International Paper Technology Exhibition 2016. (Photo: Archroma)
Cartasol®, Cartaguard® and Cartaspers® are trademarks registered by Archroma in many countries.
+41 61 716 3375 or +41 79 536 9117
Contact by mail
Josina van der Velden
+31 164 317 014
Archroma is a global color and specialty chemicals company committed to innovation, world-class quality standards, high service levels, cost-efficiency and sustainability. Archroma is headquartered in Reinach near Basel, Switzerland, and operates with approximately 3000 employees over 35 countries. Through its three businesses: Textile Specialties, Paper Solutions and Emulsion Products, Archroma delivers specialized performance and color solutions to meet customer needs in their local markets.
Archroma helps people fulfill their desire for products that appeal to their emotions and senses for a greater life experience, by developing beauty- and performance-improving technologies applied to everyday products. Products enhanced, colors enhanced, performance enhanced – “Life enhanced”.