- January 8, 2015 – Archroma updates ONE WAY Calculator with ZDHC MRSL-compliant products
January 8, 2015 – Archroma updates ONE WAY Calculator with ZDHC MRSL-compliant products
• ONE WAY helps mills and brand owners to develop innovative textile solutions that are both more ecologically and economically sustainable
• Now enables pre-selection of colorants and chemicals compliant with Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) Manufacturers Restricted Substance List (MRSL)
• Supports textile and apparel producers in identifying products that help reducing or eliminating impurities from the wastewater, as well as those reducing water and energy usage in processing
Reinach, 8 January 2015 (edits 13 Feb 2015) – Archroma, a global leader in specialty chemicals, has added its portfolio of ZDHC MRSL-compliant chemicals and dyes to its pioneering ONE WAY Sustainability Calculator. The move will give textile apparel and footwear customers the time-saving advantage of being able to pre-select products that help, at an early stage in their selection process, to continue to drive down the level of impurities in the manufacturing process, which not only means on the final garment or fabric but also in the waste water.
The Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals Group’s Manufacturers List of Restricted Substances, sets concentration limits for the chemical groups banned under the ZDHC Joint Roadmap, an initiative first launched in 2011 by major apparel and footwear brands to lead the industry toward zero discharge of hazardous chemicals by 20201.
Archroma published its list of ZDHC MRSL-compliant colorants and chemicals for textile and apparel for the first time in July 20142. Now integrated into the ONE WAY Calculator, the list features a full range of colorants and chemicals for colors and functional effects, and process chemicals, covering fibers to finishing.
“The update to ONE WAY will dramatically accelerate the product selection process and time by ensuring that the selected product is not only reducing the amount of energy and water in processing, but also meets the criteria for wastewater set by the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals Group,” comments Paul Cowell, Apparel & Interior Marketing Manager Asia, Textile Specialties Business, Archroma. “It adds a whole new level of support for mills and brand owners in their development of innovative textile solutions that are both ecologically and economically sustainable.”
The ONE WAY Sustainability Service3 supports customers in meeting their sustainability targets by providing a fast, measurable and reliable approach to the selection of chemical product and process solutions. All ONE WAY dyes and chemicals can be almost instantly screened by Archroma’s product stewardship specialists against more than 15 textiles eco-standards and criteria, including bluesign®4, OekoTex®5, GOTS6, all of the major Restricted Substances Lists (RSLs), and other relevant criteria such as high bio-elimination.
(1) See www.roadmaptozero.com/
(2) See http://www.bpt.archroma.com/zdhc/
(3) See http://www.bpt.archroma.com/products-services/services/one-way-sustainability-service/
(4) Registered trademark of bluesign Technologies AG
(5) Registered trademark of OEKO-TEX® Association
(6) GOTS (or Global Organic Textile Standard) is a standard of International Working Group on Global Organic Textile Standard
Download the PDF version in English