• New garment collection based on ADVANCED DENIM dyeing technology to showcase fashion beyond Indigo that moves style, creativity and responsible production closer together
• Latest EARTHCOLORS collection brings to life black, grey, green and brown washed eco-conscious jeans and t-shirts
• Color and finishing solutions to support the denim and casual wear trends foreseen for Autumn/Winter 2017-2018
• Color Management experts will showcase the Color Atlas to bring the infinite colors of nature from dream to reality for stylists and designers, brands and retailers, and their suppliers
Reinach, Switzerland, 17 May 2016 – Archroma, a global leader in color and specialty chemicals, will present its innovation and solutions for denim and casualwear under the motto: “The science of sustainability, the science of color, the science of denim” at Booth A1 at the upcoming Denim Première Vision in Barcelona, Spain.
For all of us, inner beauty matters just as much as outer beauty. Consumers aspire to clothing, garments or textiles that bring them function, beauty …and meaning – clothing, garments or textiles that are made in a more sustainable and responsible way.
Archroma, who is starting to make itself a name for continuously challenging the status quo in the deep belief that it can make its industry sustainable, will present its innovations for a more sustainable denim industry at Denim Première Vision.
The science of sustainability
Archroma’s denim experts look to help denim manufacturers and brands to produce denim based on the most efficient possible use of resources, in particular water.
Archroma brings forward its experience in eco-advanced innovative colors and effects, with its multi-awarded ADVANCED DENIM dyeing technology. ADVANCED DENIM allows savings of up to 92% in water, 87% in cotton waste and 30% in energy, compared to a conventional denim dyeing process.
And whilst trends show a growing demand for earthy and warm tones in denim and casual wear, visitors at the booth will be able to see one of Archroma’s latest innovations: EARTHCOLORS. EARTHCOLORS is a range of colors created from agricultural waste and embracing the latest in communication technology to enable transparency and traceability through the supply chain to consumers. EARTHCOLORS is currently exclusive to brand owners only.
At Denim Première Vision, Archroma will showcase its latest EARTHCOLORS collection that brings to life black, grey and brown washed eco-conscious jeans ideas, as well as an amazing collaboration collection with garment specialist Tonello, showing tee-shirts nitrogen dyed with laser finishing using EARTHCOLORS.
The science of color
Archroma’s expertise covers the full spectrum from the colors of nature to the colors of denim.
At Denim Première Vision, Archroma will present color and finishing solutions to support the denim and casual wear trends foreseen for Autumn/Winter 2017-2018:
• “bright ’n Blue”, a prototype collection using exclusive Archroma ocean blue dyes suitable for denim, with special mention to its new Diresul® Caribbean Blue for a teal color look;
• “Stay Dark”, solutions for blue and black concepts to support nighttime-inspired shades;
• “Earth Hugger”, a capsule collection based on Diresul® RDT and Optisul® C dyes for earthy and military looks;
• “Indie Go Slide”, a capsule collection mimicking indigo look on printing and coating, using Optisul® Blue C dye and new Printofix® Blue T-WD pigment for wash-down effects with oxidative agents;
• “Indie Go Dive”, a capsule collection mimicking indigo blue look on a range of fabrics such as Corduroy, knitted, Modal®, or Tencel®;
• “Stay Cool”, finishing solutions for more functional denim: water repellence that is not based on fluorine, as well as soil and stain release, moisture management, anti-bacterial, soft and elastic finishes, etc.
And because color is a science, Archroma will showcase its recently introduced new COLOR ATLAS by Archroma®, a six-volume set that features over 4,300 new colors on cotton poplin. COLOR ATLAS by Archroma® brings color creativity and manageability to an entire new level. The “physical library” is complemented by a mobile-friendly “COLOR ATLAS Online” with exciting features such as “color-on-the-go”. This feature allows you to capture an image using your smart phone, and identify the closest COLOR ATLAS shades with the possibility to purchase a color sample instantly!
The science of denim
Archroma is widely recognized in the textile industry as an expert for denim solutions that bring together the science of denim, from color to finish. With Archroma, designers and denim professionals can explore a full solution package from the first idea to the final product.
“When we first introduced our eco-advanced dyeing technology ADVANCED DENIM back in May 2009, very few players in the denim industry could foresee the step-change that the entire textile industry is now going through,” says Nuria Estape, Head of Global Marketing/Promotion, “We were forerunners in promoting the possibility to produce denim in a more sustainable way. Today, fashion brands and retailers in particular are under growing pressure to take action, and the entire textile supply chain is eager to find innovations that will allow them to stay in the race. With our sustainability service ONE WAY, our extensive COLOR ATLAS color library, and innovations such as ADVANCED DENIM or EARTHCOLORS, we are helping them to create fashion that brings style, creativity and responsible production closer together.”
Diresul®, Optisul®, Printofix® and Color Atlas by Archroma® are trademarks registered by Archroma in many countries.
Modal® and Tencel® are trademarks of www.lenzing-fibers.com.
Archroma is a global color and specialty chemicals company committed to innovation, world-class quality standards, high service levels, cost-efficiency and sustainability. Archroma is headquartered in Reinach near Basel, Switzerland, and operates with approximately 3000 employees over 35 countries. Through its three businesses: Textile Specialties, Paper Solutions and Emulsion Products, Archroma delivers specialized performance and color solutions to meet customer needs in their local markets.
Archroma helps people fulfill their desire for products that appeal to their emotions and senses for a greater life experience, by developing beauty- and performance-improving technologies applied to everyday products. Products enhanced, colors enhanced, performance enhanced – “Life enhanced”.