- New ‘universal’ option in Archroma’s Smartrepel® Hydro range of non-PFC based durable water repellent protection
New ‘universal’ option in Archroma’s Smartrepel® Hydro range of non-PFC based durable water repellent protection
Reinach, Switzerland, 26 January 2018 – Archroma, a global leader in color and specialty chemicals, introduces the latest addition to its range of highly biodegradable, non-PFC based durable water repellent protection, the Smartrepel® Hydro series.
- Smartrepel® Hydro AM is the latest addition to Archroma’s distinctive non-PFC based durable water repellent protection range
- New, advanced ‘universal’ formulation for cotton and synthetic fabrics, ‘boosted’ durability of the effect, and smoother processability in application
- Product introduction at ISPO, January 28-31, 2018, Munich, Germany
Smartrepel® Hydro is a nature-friendlier protection agent based on distinctive micro-encapsulated, highly biodegradable, non-PFC based technology offering exceptional, durable water repellency to polyester, polyamide and cotton-based textiles.
With the increasing demand for more sustainable clothing and gear, Smartrepel® Hydro water repellent agents extend the benefits of high-performing, nature-friendlier protection to the full spectrum of fibers used in today’s outdoor and sportswear segments.
With Smartrepel® Hydro AM, Archroma offers to brands, retailers and textile manufacturers a new, ‘universal’ water repellent protection that is applicable on all fibers – cotton and synthetic, and their blends.
Smartrepel® Hydro AM comes with a new advanced formulation.
- The new grade offers the signature Smartrepel® Hydro high performance standard: a perfect symbiosis of water protection, breathability and durability – with the soft hand-feel that is sought after by consumers;
- The durability of the effect can be ‘boosted’ up with the application of a special formula, allowing brands and retailers to offer high performance gear to their brand fans;
- For textile manufacturers, the new formulation shows improved runnability and reduced roller buildup, allowing seamless application in both pad and exhaust application processes.
The range supports the increasing adoption of eco-advanced materials and production processes by brand owners and textile producers adhering to industry initiatives such as the ØZDHC program or eco-label standards such as bluesign® and Oeko-Tex®.
“This advanced version of our Smartrepel® technology combines, into one product only, two benefits that are sought after by outdoor brands and retailers: a nature-friendlier chemistry, together with long-lasting, efficient water repellency for all fibers. Smartrepel® Hydro AM brings onto the market a positive alternative to conventional fluorocarbon-based water repellency products,” comments Georg Lang, Global Head of Product Marketing Finishing, Textile Specialties, at Archroma.
For more information on Smartrepel® Hydro, please visit our dedicated page: www.smartrepel.com.
© 2018 Archroma
Archroma’s micro-encapsulated technology uses a repelling agent and anchoring agent that together create a perfect symbiosis of water protection, breathability and durability. (Photo: Archroma)
Smartrepel® Hydro by Archroma, a new generation of non-fluorine chemistry that meets criteria for non-PFC based finishes and clothing. (Photo: Archroma)
+41 61 716 3375 or +41 79 536 9117
Contact by mail
Josina van der Velden
+31 164 317 014
Archroma is a global color and specialty chemicals company headquartered in Reinach near Basel, Switzerland. It operates with 3,000 employees over 35 countries and with 24 production sites. Its three businesses – Brand & Performance Textile Specialties, Packaging & Paper Specialties, and Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants – deliver specialized performance and color solutions to meet customers’ needs in their local markets, touching and coloring people’s lives every day, everywhere.
Archroma is passionate about delivering leading and innovative solutions, enhancing people’s lives and respecting the planet. The company is committed to challenging the status quo in the deep belief that it can make its industry sustainable; an approach reflected in its innovations, world-class quality standards, high service levels and cost-efficiency. Products enhanced, colors enhanced, performance enhanced – “Life enhanced”.
This press release and relevant photography can be downloaded from www.PressReleaseFinder.com.