ARCHROMA PUTS HIGH PERFORMANCE, COST CONTROL AND SUSTAINABILITY WITHIN REACH AT 2014 CHINA INTERNATIONAL PAPER TECHNOLOGY EXHIBITION AND CONFERENCE (CIPTE)
• Archroma’s first appearance at a Chinese paper exhibition since the company took over the paper business from Clariant on October 2013.
• Latest developments help meet cost-efficiency, high performance and environmental requirements especially in packaging and board, as well as food packaging applications.
Reinach, 1 September 2014 – Archroma, a global leader in color and specialty chemicals, and the former textile, paper and emulsions businesses of Clariant, will put sustainability and high-performance within reach with its latest benchmark-setting papermaking innovations at 2014 China International Paper Technology Exhibition and Conference (CIPTE) from 3 to 5 September, 2014, in Shanghai, China.
Under the motto “We touch and color peoples’ lives every day, everywhere”, Archroma will demonstrate its on-going commitment to support papermakers with cost-effective and more environmentally-considerate solutions to the performance needs of local markets. Archroma’s comprehensive product ranges for general-purpose paper, packaging & board, as well as food packaging cover optical brightening agents (OBAs), coloration and processing chemicals, and surface coating additives and agents for all kinds of paper, card and board.
New developments from Archroma in the spotlight at CIPTE 2014 will focus on:
Solutions for writing and printing paper:
• The recently introduced disulfonated OBA Leucophor® ACK aims at satisfying the most demanding environmental requirements without compromising quality or ease of use. Leucophor® ACK brings sustainability advantages through its unique, super-highly concentrated urea-free liquid formulation.
Solutions for packaging and board applications:
• Cartasol® liquid dyes, and in particular Cartasol® Yellow M-GLC, are particularly suited for dyeing the unbleached, recycled and mechanical pulps typically used for packaging papers. Cartasol® Yellow M-GLC can be used on its own to create attractive yellow and brown shades, or in combination with other dyes of our ranges to produce a wide variety of shades. Cartasol® Yellow M-GLC is REACH compliant and won’t release MDA or other toxic amines, therefore providing a more sustainable alternative solution to other dyes available from the market.
• Lastly introduced in the range of Archroma’s stickies control innovation for pulp and paper applications, Cartaspers® SCH is a new, innovative organic treatment additive for pulp and paper for prevention of pitch and stickies. Archroma’s range, which also includes EPA Award winning Cartaspers® PSM and BfR XXXVI compliant Cartaspers® PSM new allow increasing the runability of the paper machine reducing downtimes.
• Cartaspers® PSM protects wires and felts minimizing the use of solvents for cleaning. Cartaspers® PSM and Cartaspers® PSM new, when used in felt conditioning, can also allow energy savings.
Solutions for food packaging:
• Cartaguard® KHI is a totally PFOA-free, grease-resistant additive for recyclable, non-plastic coated paper packaging used for eat-out-of-hand snacks. It provides a true alternative for manufacturers on the look-out for effective and safe impregnating agents for naturally absorbent papers.
• For manufacturers looking for a PFOA-free (below limits of detection) product, Cartaguard® KST imparts grease, oil and water resistance to paper and board for food packaging, complying with the BfR XXXVI recommendation.
“Papermakers are looking to bring down application costs and manufacture high-performance products which are also sustainable and more environmentally considerate,” comments Damrong Roonkaseam, Head of Sales Asia Pacific, Paper Solutions Business at Archroma. “Archroma’s 120-year track record of supporting the paper industry gives us the unique capability to help them address this challenge. Our continued commitment is backed by experience, core technologies, long-standing relationships and a global footprint that together ensure we can deliver high service levels and world-class innovations that reflect the needs of our customers and their markets.”
Visit Archroma at 2014 China International Paper Technology Exhibition and Conference (CIPTE) Booth A001, Hall 2.
Leucophor®, Cartasol®, Cartaspers®, Cartaguard® Registered trademarks
© 2014 Archroma