A challenging global position as Data Scientist in Barcelona, Spain, the opportunity to work in one of the largest manufacturing and production organizations and the chance to professionalize the organization via innovation. This in combination with a full comprehensive benefits package.
The ideal candidate will support the business processes teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. Must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. Must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The ideal candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with Business Process Excellence team to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business process efficiencies.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of business processes accross all business functions.Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models (data engineering) and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Visualize result in meaningful manner to ease information retrival for the user
- Monitor, analyze & present operational trends and various perfomance indicator to suggest improvements
- Prepare deliverable and dashboards linked to adhoc reuests
- Align with BI reporting team on making sure the analytics and reporting are aligned
- Develop Archroma analytical framework.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on solution development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, R, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- solid understanding of the industry you’re working in, and know what business problems your company is trying to solve. In terms of data science, being able to discern which problems are important to solve for the business is critical, in addition to identifying new ways the business should be leveraging its data.
- Ability and commitment to learn Archroma data structure and various source systems
- Ability to communicate complex data analyis result to different user group by written and verbal methods
- Familiarity with SAP ERP, Power BI and Salesforce data structure is preferred
- Masters or PhD in Mathematics is Preferred
- Strong business acumen – broad knowledge of business and functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
The Successful Data Scientist:
We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: PowerBI, Tableau, Periscope, Business Objects, ggplot, etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP an advantage.
If your background and personal experience fits this profile, please send us your complete application via E-Mail and refer to the position <Data Scientist>