Archroma is a global color and specialty chemicals company headquartered in Reinach near Basel, Switzerland. It operates with 3,000 employees over 35 countries and with 24 production sites. Its three businesses – Brand & Performance Textile Specialties, Packaging & Paper Specialties, and Coatings, Adhesives & Sealants – deliver specialized performance and color solutions to meet customers’ needs in their local markets, touching and coloring people’s lives every day, everywhere.
Archroma is passionate about delivering leading and innovative solutions, enhancing people’s lives and respecting the planet. The company is committed to challenging the status quo in the deep belief that it can make its industry sustainable; an approach reflected in its innovations, world-class quality standards, high service levels and cost-efficiency.
Products enhanced, colors enhanced, performance enhanced – “Life enhanced”.
Heritage… and ambition
Archroma was formed in October 2013 from the textile, paper and emulsions businesses of Clariant. Clariant itself was formed in 1995 as a spin off from Sandoz, a chemical company which was established in Basel in 1886. In 1997, Clariant acquired the speciality chemicals business of Hoechst, a German chemical company.
Since then, Archroma has been growing organically and with its first acquisitions:
– In May 2014: 49% in M. Dohmen SA, an international group specializing in the production of textile dyes and chemicals for the automotive, carpet and apparel sectors;
– In July 2015: The global textile chemicals business of BASF;
– In September 2017: An additional share of 26% in M. Dohmen, giving Archroma a controlling 75% participation in the M. Dohmen group.
Through this direct lineage, Archroma has knowledge and experience of chemistry and industry spanning more than 130 years.
We continuously challenge the status quo in the deep belief that we can make our industry sustainable.
- Decades of experience, inherited from leading European companies and dating back to 1886.
- Recognized brands, such as Diresul®, Drimaren®, Foron®, Nylosan®, Nuva®, Cartabond®, Cartafix®, Cartaguard®, Cartaren®, Cartasol®, Cartaspers®, Leucophor®, Mowilith®, Mowicoll®.
- Award-winning innovation, e.g. the 2017 Gold Winner at the OutDoor Industry Award 2017, Sustainable innovations Category, for EarthColors, the 2012 ICIS Innovation Award for Advanced Denim, or the 2007 EPA “P2 Recognition Project” Award for Cartaspers® PSM, a product used in paper manufacturing.
- Commitment to sustainability, as demonstrated by a strong support and focus on compliance to eco-standards, the 2012 ICIS Innovation Award for Advanced Denim, the EU Ecolabel for Advanced Denim Illustration Collection (ES-CA/016/007), and continuing commitment to ESHA as a fair and responsible company and employer.
- Certified quality, environmental and safety management, with certification to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series).
Every new innovation we develop today at Archroma combines our rich tradition of materials excellence and expertise, our market insight, and our commitment to talent management and the specialty materials and chemicals sector.
We touch and color people’s lives every day, everywhere.
A member of a team focusing on customer success
Archroma is a portfolio company of SK Capital Partners, a private investment firm with a disciplined focus on the specialty materials, chemicals and healthcare sectors.
With SK Capital Partners, we become part of a $6 billion USD force in the industry, backed by significant operating experience, a collaborative culture and active engagement of people as the driving force to achieve success.
As a part of the SK Capital Partners portfolio team, Archroma offers our global customers a reliable and long term commitment to developing new product solutions, application development, process technologies and services with world class quality and technical support.
For more information, please visit: www.skcapitalpartners.com